Wedding Food and Drink Inspiration
9 October 2020
As a wedding venue we pride ourselves on creating the perfect day for you! Our highly qualified chefs create meals you and your guests will not forget for all the right reasons. We will attach pictures of our signature wedding dishes and cocktails we have created at our hotel.
Furthermore, there is some fresh amazing ideas out there to add a twist on your wedding day, here we are bringing you the top trends right now!
First things first let’s talk food…
1. Amazing grazing – This has ALWAYS been a wedding day favourite and attract everyone’s attention for the right reasons. Grazing tables are very versatile and can be adapted to suit your needs which allows you to put your personal twist on it! Most common grazing tables are cheese, cured meats and seafood. However, it allows people to express their heritage for people to try and love or to experiment with exotic flavours. Who said these have to be boring? You can turn your grazing tables into beautiful artful displays to make them look that more alluring.
2. Late night snacks – Whether it’s a mid-party snack for some refuelling while on the dancefloor or snacks for you and your guests to enjoy on the way home; these have been going down a delight! These can be comfort food favourites, bites from both your favourite hangout places and a taste of street food. Who said they had to just be savoury? These can include some of your favourite sweet treats such as donut walls, chocolate fountains and cookies.
3. Outdoor BBQ’s – Outdoor weddings are becoming more and more popular, which makes it perfect for an outdoor BBQ! Team up your meat with traditional and funky sides but play with different smokes and flavours to keep it feeling unique. You can still have your traditional three courses if you would like too. This allows the guests to have control over their plate (important for those with allergies and dietary requirements) but also the chance to experiment!
4. Traditional – Even though there are many new trends emerging, but you’re more of traditionalist there is nothing saying you can’t still spice it up! Sometimes you can keep things classical but really effective. This can be by wowing with the presentation, adding a flavour twist on those classic dishes and a seasonal flare.
Now onto the drinks…
1. Cocktail remix – Who doesn’t love a cocktail? Many couples are creating their own personalised cocktail menu as this gives the wedding a unique feel! Or allow your wedding guests to create their own cocktails so there is something to everyone’s taste which they will love.
2. Beverage stations – These are ideal for any weddings for guests to help themselves to a wide range of different drinks. Such as pimp your prosecco, create your own gin and tonic and add your own flavours to your drinks! Those who are lovers of wine and beers, why not create a station for you to share your favourites with your nearest and dearests. All stations can be made really artfully and fit in with the décor you have chosen for your wedding.
3. Alcohol vans – Those particularly with outdoor weddings, this concept would be really cool! Alcohol vans are becoming much more popular for hire; they specialise in certain drinks for those who are lovers of gin and prosecco, or you might prefer vino or beer. I am sure there is a van out there that specialises for every drink so you’re bound to find one to match your chosen poison. These usually look amazing and come dressed for the occasion with a bartender too!